I wanted to make some blueberry muffins for the boys for breakfast. So on the computer I went, not that I don't have 50+ cookbooks I could have gone to. So I found this one but I have tweeked it to make it my own...
Blueberry Muffins
Ingredients:
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
3/4 cup whole milk
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar for top of muffins
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract or almond extract - your preference, my boys preferred almond, I like the lemon.
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
In a large bowl whisk the cooled butter, eggs, vanilla, lemon or almond extract and milk until everything is incorporated. In a separate bowl whisk the flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and stir everything together until the batter is smooth and creamy. Fold in the blueberries.
Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 full, dividing the batter evenly amongst all 12 cups. Sprinkle the muffin tops with the remaining tablespoon of sugar. Bake them for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.



No comments:
Post a Comment